Friday 2 July 2021

The Arrival of The Philosopher - INSIGHT #1

 

PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION

The Arrival of The Philosopher

INSIGHT #1

PRACHANA, the ever-inquisitive 20-year-old, the home-schooled girl is very tired after reading large volumes of her textbooks.
Lying on her narrow mattress, she thought “What has Philosophy got to do with education? That’s for the enlightened, right?”. She slept off and didn’t even know when she got transported to her own space.
SARVAA, an ageless sage-like person comes into her room through the wall. He looked like a combination of an Indian Saint and a Greek Philosopher. He has a large frame with long hair and a beard. He wore a shining white silky cloak. His countenance, which radiated wisdom, is always at peace and smiling. His large eyes are oozing with love and care. While anybody could have been scared of the sudden appearance of a strange-looking stranger in her room, Prachana is pleasantly surprised.
“You are the Philosopher of Education, right?” Prachana asked in wonder.
“Yes, Prachana! I am Sarvaa, your Mentor”. His deep and divine voice cannot be matched with any living men’s voice.
“How does he know my name?” Prachana wondered silently!
“Yes. I knew you from the moment you thought I am irrelevant for education. Don’t worry. I am here to answer all your questions” Sarvaa said.
Amused Prachana is wide awake now and thrilled. She could feel goosebumps all over. “Oh! My God! This guy can even read my thoughts!” She sits up on her bed in one swift move in the pose of an obedient attentive Mentee with all ears to hear from Sarvaa.
“My Child, now you go back to sleep. I know you have tons of questions. I will know when you need me. I will help you whenever you need me. So relax!” he disappeared into the wall.
Suddenly he reappeared and said "By the way, as per the definition accepted by scholars in your mortal world, 'Philosophy is the critical study of the basic principles and concepts of a particular branch of knowledge, especially with a view to improving or reconstituting them. Like the Philosophy of Education. Clear? Now sleep".
The brilliance that came with Sarvaa in the room vanishes when he left. It was silent that she could hear the crickets. She slowly slips to deep sleep.

End of Insight #1

4 comments:

  1. The highlight is that Guru enters ethereally through the surrounding wall.
    Well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story! I am sure this will stimulate the readers to journey into their world of imagination and introspect their understanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very very much Shilpi, for following my Blog...Do keep reading. And if found interesting please do share.

      Delete

“My Ideal School! Is it possible, Sarvaa?” - INSIGHT #15

  PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION   “My Ideal School! Is it possible, Sarvaa?”   INSIGHT #15   All through dinner, Prachana was deep in though...